For tee times information, please call 407-599-3419
- The renovation of Winter Park Country Club by Golf Channel (November 29, 2016)
- The Golf Wire – Veterans Golf Play Day (November 11, 2016)
- WPGC recommended as “Places to Play” by Golf Channel (November, 2016)
- The Fried Egg – Defining “Good Golf Course Architecture” (October 20, 2016)
- Golf Advisor names Top 10 nationwide short courses
Grand Reopening Media Coverage
WDBO 96.5 FM
- Winter Park Magazine (Fall 2016)
- The Golf Wire (September 27, 2016)
- eSouthernGOLF.com (September 12, 2016)
- Golf Course Architecture (September 7, 2016)
- The Golf Wire (September 2, 2016)
- Golf course renovation groundbreaking photos (2/29/2016)
- Golf course renovation groundbreaking (2/29/2016)
- Meet the course designers
- Article in golf course architecture
- Golf course renovation provides community “sprigging” events
- Winter Park Golf Course announces renovation groundbreaking
Included in the Fiscal Year 2016 budget is the funding of $1.2 million to renovate the Winter Park golf course. The City Commission approved this funding based upon the research and recommendation of an appointed seven-member Golf Course Strategic Plan Task Force, formed in November 2014, to study the needs of our 101-year-old course.
During the year-long process, the task force held 29 meetings and spent many hours evaluating our course while researching others. This information helped formulate the recommendation to the City Commission in July 2015, to renovate the 9-hole golf course that would include the redesign and rebuilding of the greens, tees and fairways, replacement of the existing grass, and the installation of a complete new irrigation system.
The city issued a formal solicitation at the end of September 2015 and six responses were received. After careful review and presentations, in November, KCR Contracting, LLC was awarded the design/build contract for this project.
Due to the size of the renovation, the golf course is expected to be closed from March to September 2016, with a grand re-opening tentatively scheduled for the fall.
Thank you to the Golf Course Strategic Plan Task Force for their dedication to this project!
Week 10 (May 2-6)
Week 9 (April 25-29)
Week 8 (April 18-22)
It is going to be a busy week on the course! Irrigation heads are going in on holes 3 and 4 beginning on Monday, April 18 and on Tuesday, April 19 we begin finish work on 3 and 4, final grading. On April 28 we are hoping to begin planting grass!
Here are some photos of our progress taken by the course designers:
Week 5 (March 28-April 1)
Week 4 (March 21-27)
Week 3 (March 14-20)
Week 2 (March 7-12)
Grass removal has begun.
Preliminary design and grading has begun.
Week 1 (March 1-5)
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Golf Course Renovation
The Winter Park Golf Course renovation began on Hole 3. All of the existing grass was removed and the hole was redesigned and regraded.
Both the green and tee complexes on Hole 3 have been redesigned and contoured.
Hole 3 Green Complex
Final grading is planned to take place in Week 2.
Golf Course Renovation Groundbreaking
- Monday, February 29, 2016
Winter Park Divot Toss
The event included over 500 hot dogs, drinks, snacks, and 200 rounds of golf!