To preserve and enhance the quality of life in Winter Park by informing city staff, city residents and the Winter Park community of news, events, programs, projects, initiatives and activities related to the City of Winter Park.
Communications creates, designs, and authors marketing tools such as:
- The Winter Park Update, a quarterly newsletter with a circulation of approximately 16,000, including city residents and businesses.
- The City Today, a quarterly internal employee newsletter.
- Monthly event calendars.
- Flyers, posters, brochures, banners and other marketing materials for city sponsored or co-sponsored events.
Communications is also responsible for:
- Working closely with various print and electronic media outlets generating positive publicity of city activities.
- Communicating with internal city departments and staff identifying potential media stories.
- Maintaining and designing of the city’s official website cityofwinterpark.org.
- Maintaining the city’s official Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram®, Vimeo® and YouTube® accounts.
- Marketing and promoting city sponsored or co-sponsored events via media partnerships and creation of promotional materials.
- Assisting in the coordination of special presentations, press conferences, grand openings and ribbon cuttings.
- Writing of press releases, speeches, reports and proclamations.
- Spearheading the coordination of internal employee fundraisers, blood drives and employee recognition ceremonies.
The Communications Department strives hard to serve the City of Winter Park and its residents. Staff continually seeks new and innovative ways to improve and enhance the high-quality image Winter Park portrays and maintains with pride.