To preserve and enhance the quality of life in Winter Park by informing city staff, city residents and the Winter Park community of news, events, programs, projects, initiatives and activities related to the City of Winter Park.
Communications is responsible for:
- Creating, designing and authoring city newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, banners and all graphic materials for city sponsored or co-sponsored events, programs and/or initiatives.
- Working closely with various print and electronic media outlets generating positive publicity of city activities.
- Communicating with internal city departments and staff identifying potential media stories.
- Maintaining and designing of the city’s official website cityofwinterpark.org.
- Maintaining the city’s official Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram®, Vimeo®, YouTube® and Nextdoor® accounts.
- Marketing and promoting city sponsored or co-sponsored events via media partnerships and creation of promotional materials.
- Managing city and community events working with internal departments and event producers.
- Assisting in the coordination of special presentations, press conferences, grand openings and ribbon cuttings.
- Writing of press releases, speeches, reports and proclamations.
- Spearheading the coordination of internal employee fundraisers, blood drives and employee recognition ceremonies.