The Building & Permitting Services Department is responsible for inspecting new and active construction related issues to include, construction parking, additions and remodeling structures in accordance with the Florida building codes. Also, issues business license (zoning should be checked, the applicant must have appropriate parking for business, and change out of signs must be approved/permitted). You may access all Florida Building Code Editions online at floridabuilding.org or purchase the codes at boaf.net or iccsafe.org. Our primary mission is to provide for the public safety, health, and general welfare in the built environment through education and enforcement of the building codes, local ordinances, and state laws. Life safety is our main goal and objective.
- Building Safety Month Proclamation (May 2017)
- International Code Council Building Safety Month Video (May 2017)
- New safe and efficient building method underway in Winter Park
- Winter Park requirements for Blower Door testing effective July 1, 2017
Please note: As of June 30, 2015, the Fifth Edition of the Florida Building Code and the 2011 National Electric Code are in effect. On July 8, 2016, revisions to the Florida Building Code became effective. Winter Park Administrative and Technical Amendments to the Florida Building Code are in Ordinance 3007-15.
For comparisons of the Fifth Edition to the 2010 Florida Building Code visit this link. For more information on the Fifth Edition of the Florida Building Code, please visit floridabuilding.org. For further questions, please contact 407-599-3237.
- Codes Adopted as of June 30, 2015
- Do I need a permit?
- Electronic Plan Submittal Procedure
- Permitting Procedure Guides
- Sub Permit Electronic Submittal and Online Payment Procedure
- Welcome, Contractor Guidelines