The Information Technology Department provides technology design and selection, technical support and training, technology acquisition, the review and development of IT policies and standards, and IT strategic planning services for the City of Winter Park. IT is responsible for the operation, security, and integrity of the city’s technology infrastructure. This infrastructure includes a modern data network, voice-over IP telecommunication network, wireless voice and data network, and control data network for electric and water operations. To ensure that these services are provided in an effective, efficient and timely manner, the IT Department:
- Supports and promotes the productive use of technology throughout the organization.
- Ensures that all technology in place is secure, reliable and performs as needed.
- Provides timely, effective end-user support to resolve problems and provide assistance.
- Selects, designs and implements cost-effective, quality technology solutions, designed to meet business needs.
- Manages service contracts and vendor relationships for highest quality at reasonable costs.
- Protects business interests and technology investments with effective IT policies, procedures and practices.
- Promotes end-user self-sufficiency through training and communication.
- Maintains positive relationships with end users through information and communication.
Meet Your Departments Video