Artificial turf in residential areas
Effective March 8, 2023, the Artificial Turf Ordinance #3267-23 amended the city’s Land Development Code by adding regulations to residential artificial turf installations and maintenance. To ensure compliance with the code, residents interested in installing artificial turf at their homes are recommended to:
- Apply for and obtain a required permit before installation. Permits can be accessed at cityofwinterpark.org/selfservice then Launch Self Service Portal button and search “Residential Sitework.”
- Hire a professional to install the artificial turf per manufacturer specifications and city ordinance requirements.
[Access the complete Ordinance #3267-23]
Gas-powered leaf blowers prohibited
- As of January 12, 2022, all internal combustion engine or motor leaf blowers [including landscape companies] are limited to 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m., on Sunday.
- Any debris blown into the public right of way must be removed within 30 minutes. This helps to keep our lakes healthy
- Beginning July 2024, all internal combustion engine or motor leaf blowers [including landscape companies] will be prohibited within the city.
[Access the complete Ordinance #3230-22]