The Winter Park Golf Course is a highly rated public 9 hole gem in the heart of Winter Park. Originally built in 1914, the course underwent major renovations in 2016, making it one of the best short course experiences in the country. The course, a 2480 yard par 35, is surrounded by city streets and neighborhood homes, two churches and a cemetery. Train tracks border the east end of the course so passengers on SunRail and Amtrak get a beautiful view as they pull into the Winter Park Station. The course is best experienced by walking although a few drive carts are available to rent for those in need. Tee times for the public can be made up to three days in advance of play. Memberships are available as well. The course is open every day except Christmas day and a few Mondays throughout the year for maintenance.
For tee times information, please call 407-599-3419.
$1100 (Winter Park resident)
- Greens fees.
- 10% off pro shop merchandise (excludes food & beverages).
- Calendar of events & activities.
- 7-day advanced tee time booking.
- All general course rules apply.
- Payment due in advance. No refunds.
Replay rate: $10
Rental Rates (per 9 Holes)
- Pull cart $4
- Electric cart (18 & up) $10 per person
- Rental clubs $10
$15 (Winter Park resident)
- Friday-Sunday & Holidays
$18 (Winter Park resident)
- Youth (12 & under) $7
- Juniors (ages 13 to 18) $12
- Summer Junior Pass $200
(May 1 thru August 31)
Hours of operation coincide with daylight savings time.
Monday through Sunday
Mid-March through early November: 6:30 a.m to 6:30 p.m.
Early November through mid-March: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Christmas Day and scheduled maintenance days.
2023 Scheduled Maintenance Days
- Monday, April 10, through Thursday, April 13*
*tee times resume April 14 @ 11 a.m.
- Monday, May 15, through Tuesday, May 16
- Monday, June 12, through Tuesday, June 13
- Monday, July 10, through Tuesday, July 11
- Monday, August 14, through Tuesday, August 15
- Monday, September 11*
*tee times resume September 12 @ noon
- Monday, October 16
- Monday, November 13
- Monday, December 11
For additional information, please contact the pro shop at 407-599-3419.
- The Winter Park 9: A Unique Game-Changing Golf Facility – PGA (August 14, 2022)
- Winter Park Golf Course featured as Florida Historic Golf Trail Course of the Month – myflorida.com (January 14, 2020)
- WP9 Improvements “Staying On Course” – The Park Press (September 1, 2019)
- The Winter Park Nine is Truly Devine – Golf Central Magazine (May 2019)
- The Winter Park Nine is Truly Devine – GoGolfandTravel.com (May 2019)
- Winter Park’s Success Story – SCOREGolf (March 24, 2019)
- Three MacKenzies in the Moonlight – MacKenzie Golf Bags (February 5, 2019)
- Glowing review: Winter Park night golf a surprising treat – Golfweek (February 3, 2019)
- Winter Park Golf Course: Pure Fun – G&E Magazine (February 2, 2019)
- My year in golf: Finding the fun in non-traditional courses – Golfweek (December 30, 2018)
- A four-member maintenance crew helps the Winter Park Golf Course remain one of the nicest nine-hole courses in the country – OrangeObserver (November 2, 2018)
- 25 Courses where you get the best Bang for your Buck – GolfDigest (November 1, 2018)
- Golf meets the grave at courses around the world – Golf Channel (October 31, 2018)
- Golf Channel Morning Drive Summer Swing Florida (September 18, 2018)
- Winter Park: A look at golf’s future? – LINKS Magazine (September 6, 2018)
- Justin Warmoth’s favorite places to play golf in the Orlando area – ClickOrlando (July 27, 2018)
- Jay Revel Hiding in the Sunshine: Orlando’s Golf Gems – Jay Revell (July 2, 2018)
- Hiding in the Sunshine: Orlando’s Golf Gems – Jay Revell (June 14, 2018)
- Ep. 95: Talking Community Golf, from Florida to California – Talking GolfGetaways: Your Golf Getaways Podcast (March 29, 2018)
- Winter wonderland: Discovering the transportive powers of the nine-hole public course in Winter Park, Fla. – GOLF (March 16, 2018)
- WESH 2 Interview with Golf Course Designers Keith Rhebb and Riley Johns (February 9, 2018)
- Florida’s Winter Park 9 is golf freedom in the confines of a city grid – GNN (February 6, 2018)
- A Tipping Point? – SCOREGolf (January 29, 2018)
- Our Favorite 9-Hole Golf Courses in the Country – LINKS Magazine (December 27, 2017)
- Always Time For Nine series: Winter Park Golf Course – Golf Digest (January 5, 2017)
- Winter Park Celebrates Veterans With Celebration And Golf Play Day – The Golf Wire (November 11, 2016)
- Winter Park Golf Course Opens This Saturday – The Golf Wire (September 27, 2016)
- Winter Park Golf Course to reopen this October following renovation work – Golf Course Architecture (September 7, 2016)
- Winter Park Golf Course To Celebrate Grand Reopening Ocotber 1 – The Golf Wire (September 2, 2016)
- Matt Ginella’s top 10 short golf courses you can play in the U.S. – Golf Pass (September 11, 2015)
The Winter Park Golf Course re-opened to rave reviews after a 1.2 million dollar renovation project. The historic course, built in 1914, underwent some much needed repairs in 2016. New fairways, rough and greens, combined with a state of the art irrigation system and a re-design by Keith Rhebb and Riley Johns of Integrative Golf, brought this second oldest course in Orlando back to its glory days and turned it into a gem in Central Florida. So much so that The Golf Channel, and Golf Advisor, named it the 5th Best Short Course in the entire country. The course will also be featured in “The Finest Nines” a new book from Author Anthony Pioppi and Sky Horse Publications celebrating the best nine-hole golf courses in North America scheduled for release in February.
The course itself is unique in many ways. It is a nine-hole walking course topping out at around 2500 yards from the tips. Although there are a few electric carts available for senior and disabled players, most players prefer to take a pull cart and stroll the fairways while enjoying the surroundings. It is the true definition of urban golf as road traffic and the occasional train are very common sights during your round but seem to blend seamlessly with the majestic oaks, two churches, and cemetery that also envelop the property. You will actually cross the street six times during your nine-hole trek. The golf shop has a wide variety of merchandise to choose from as well as plenty of snacks and beverages for you to enjoy during or after your round.
In its first year after re-opening, the course launched the Winter Park City Amateur Golf Championship. In May, close to 60 golfers, young and old, participated in the inaugural event with a two-round, 18 hole gross play competition. The response to the event was fantastic and will be a feather in the cap of the City for many years to come. The course also experienced a resurgence of glow golf by investing in the newest state of the art equipment to play golf at night. Private groups, non-profits, and corporations hosted fundraisers, team-building events and holiday parties under the stars at the course, offering their guests a unique experience in the heart of Winter Park. Night golf was so popular that the course started hosting Public Night Golf every Tuesday night from November through March.
The course is open every day except Christmas day and a few periodic maintenance days and start times can be made up to three days in advance for the general public. Members can make starting times up to seven days in advance. Rates range from $13 to $21 per round, annual Memberships start at $900 and the course is available to rent for private events including Night Golf. For more information, contact the golf shop at 407-599-3419.
Contact & Location
Golf Course Operations Manager