Having a Picnic? A birthday party? A family get together?
The Parks & Recreation Department offers nine picnic pavilions in nine different locations perfect for celebrating outdoor events. Rent a pavilion for private events at an affordable price!
Beginning August 30, 2021, pavilion reservations need to be submitted online seven days in advance of desired rental date.
For groups wishing to include a bounce house during their event, a special use permit is also required. Please fill out a Special Use Authorization Permit and submit to email@example.com.
|Pavilion||Electricity||Full Day Rate**||Half Day Rate**|
|Azalea Lane Pavilion||No||$75||$40|
|Community Playground Pavilion||Yes*||$100||$60|
|Howell Branch Preserve Pavilion||Yes*||$100||$60|
|Howell Branch Preserve Observation Deck||No||$60||$35|
|Phelps Park #1||No||$100||$60|
|Phelps Park #2||No||$60||$40|
|Ward Park Pavilion||No||$125||$90|
* Electricity available upon request.
** Winter Park residents receive a 20% discount.
Rules & Standards for Use
- If the rental date occurs in less than the seven-day requirement, please fill out a Pavilion Rental Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting the form for an event date in less than seven days does not guarantee the pavilion will be available.
- All day pavilion rental times are from 8 a.m. until sunset.
- Half day pavilion rentals are from 8 a.m until noon or 2 p.m. until sunset. (Noon to 2 p.m. is utilized for cleaning.)
- Pavilion renters are responsible for for removing all decorations and belongings, including trash, following each event.
- Pavilions are open to the public and not for private event usage unless rented.
- Groups wishing to install bounce houses or other party amenities must gain permission through the Parks office by submitting a permit application and a $25 permit fee. Bounce house or other party amenity providers must provide proof of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Winter Park as co-insured before a permit will be issued.
- Note that not all pavilions are equipped with electrical power and the party amenity provider may need to also provide a generator to operate equipment.
- Pavilions are rented as is and additional tables or chairs are not included.
- Petting zoos and other animals are not permitted.