Parks, playgrounds and pavilions now closed [03-20-2020]
Having a Picnic? A birthday party? A family get together?
The Parks & Recreation Department offers nine picnic pavilions in nine different locations perfect for celebrating outdoor events. Rent a pavilion for private events at an affordable price!
As of July 1, 2015, all pavilion rental inquires will require a Pavilion Rental Request Form. A special permit is also required for groups wishing to include a bounce house in their event plans. Please visit our Forms & Resources page to download the Special Use Authorization Permit.
|Pavilion||Electricity||Full Day Rate**||Half Day Rate**|
|Azalea Lane Pavilion||No||$60||$40|
|Community Playground Pavilion||Yes*||$90||$60|
|Howell Branch Preserve Pavilion||Yes*||$90||$60|
|Howell Branch Preserve Observation Deck||No||$60||$35|
|Mead Garden Pavilion||Yes*||$125||$90|
|Phelps Park #1||No||$90||$60|
|Phelps Park #2||No||$60||$40|
|Ward Park Pavilion||No||$125||$90|
* Electricity available upon request
** Winter Park residents receive a 20 percent discount
Rules & Standards for Use
- Pavilion rental arrangements must be made by filling out the Pavilion Rental Request Form and emailing it to email@example.com for all pavilions except Azalea Lane and Dawkins pavilions which can be rented by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All pavilions may be rented in person at the Winter Park Community Center, 721 W. New England Ave., Winter Park, Florida 32789. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All day pavilion rental times are from 8 a.m. until sunset.
- Half day pavilion rentals are from 8 a.m until noon or 2 p.m. until sunset. (Noon to 2 p.m. is utilized for cleaning.)
- Pavilion renters are responsible for for removing all decorations and belongings, including trash, following each event.
- Pavilions are open to the public and not for private event usage unless rented.
- Groups wishing to install bounce houses or other party amenities must gain permission through the Parks office by submitting a permit application and a $25 permit fee. Bounce house or other party amenity providers must provide proof of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Winter Park as co-insured before a permit will be issued.
- Note that not all pavilions are equipped with electrical power and the party amenity provider may need to also provide a generator to operate equipment.
- Pavilions are rented as is and additional tables or chairs are not included.
- Petting zoos and other animals are not permitted.