The Administration Division coordinates the operational activities, priorities and direction of the Parks & Recreation Department. It provides leadership and assistance to the 13 departmental divisions and their staff, while organizing and establishing a strong public relationship with the citizens of Winter Park.
The Parks & Recreation Department is a nationally accredited agency and has met or exceeded best practices in the ten required elements which include planning, administration, financial management, facility management, programs and services.
- Administrative Coordinator Janet Paul voted Chamber Hero 2014
- Playful City USA 2011-2013
- CAPRA Accredited 2010
- Winter Park Farmers’ Market voted Central Florida’s Favorite Farmer’s Market – Orlando Weekly Magazine 2002-2013
- Central Park voted Best Park – Winter Park Chamber of Commerce 2013
- Transportation Specialist Darius Gallagher voted Chamber Hero 2012 – Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
- Assistant Director Ronald Moore voted Chamber Hero 2011 – Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
- Assistant Director Brenda Moody voted Employee of the Year 2008 – Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
Parks & Recreation staff are engaged in peer organizations and stay current in licensing and training.
- Three NRPA Certified Parks and Recreation Professionals on staff
- Two Certified Playground Inspectors on Staff
- Two Certified Pool Operators on Staff
- Six Licensed Pesticide Applicators
- Ten Certified Crowd Managers
- One Abrahams Academy Graduate
- One NRPA Revenue School Graduate
- Two National Golf Foundation Municipal Golf Course Institute Graduate
- One FRPA Central Region Director of Professional Development
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks & Recreation Advisory Board meets on the fourth Wednesday of every month at the Winter Park Community Center. The meetings begin at 5 p.m. Access the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board page to view current board members, packets and minutes. To be placed on an email list for agenda distribution, contact Parks & Recreation Senior Staff Assistant, Kesha Jones at email@example.com
The department proudly partners with the Rollins College Crummer Graduate School Marketing Program and Instructor Dr. Jerome Juska, Ph.D. More…