How to access the TreeKeeper tours.
Once you open TreeKeeper, you will see a map with a “Tree Benefits” sidebar to the left with various icons.
- Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom.
- Click the “Quick Filters” button at the top.
- Select “Central Park Tree Species Tour.” [The map should then zoom to the Central Park area.]
- Click on the “layers” icon [stack of 4 lines].
- Deselect “Street Trees” to see just the Tour Trees and Gold Medal Trees [trees that are double the benefits due to size, age & canopy.]
- The Tour Trees are identified by gold diamonds. The Gold Medal Trees by a green circle with a star.
- To find out about a specific tree on the tour, click on a gold diamond. This will star the tree you are reading about and open a pop-up box with its basic info.
- To see more details, click on the “eye” icon over to the right or on the species name.
- When this window opens, note the “W” icon just above the species name. Clicking this will take you to the Wikipedia page about that species.
- To explore the benefits of each tree, click on the “$” icon in the original menu.