The schedule below outlines the phases of Vision Zero Winter Park, including the dates and action items associated with each phase.
Working Group Meetings | Nov 2023 to Mar 2024
The Working Group Meeting phase will continue throughout creation of the Vision Zero Action Plan. Working Group members will assist with strategy development for the remaining phases as well as provide key input and advisement for the plan.
Public Engagement & Agency Collaboration | Nov 2023 to Feb 2024
Public engagement will take place throughout the course of the study. The main objective of the outreach effort is to build awareness, gather information, and support the plan’s success. The primary outreach efforts include:
- Three Online/Virtual Meetings [May include virtual town hall, virtual meeting room, online surveys, social media campaign, etc.]
- Three Pop-up Events
- Provide overview of the VZ project and summary of the baseline assessment.
Participants will provide feedback on maps that reflect results of the transportation safety analysis.
Identify High Injury Network & Collision Profiles | Nov 2023 to Dec 2023
The main objective of this phase is to identify roadways and intersections with the highest intensity of severe injuries and fatalities. The primary outcomes are listed below:
- High Injury Network development.
- Identify crash hot spots.
- Create collision profiles.
Policy Review | Nov 2023 to Dec 2023
The main objective of this phase is to review existing best practices and previous studies to identify barriers and opportunities for achieving vision zero goals. The primary tasks are listed below:
- Review of existing best practices guidelines and previous studies.
- Interviews with city staff.
- Review of Standard Operating Procedures to identify barriers and opportunities.
- Review of city guidelines.
Project Identification & Prioritization | Dec 2023 to Feb 2024
The main objective of this phase is to prioritize countermeasures and future work plan action items. The primary tasks are listed below:
- Review of proven safety countermeasures.
- Evaluate safety at specific locations.
- Outline opportunities to update operational processes for a city VZ program that is integrated with existing city plans.
- Provide a framework to implement future actions aligned with the CIP process.