When should I use 9-1-1?

9-1-1 should be used in emergency situations only, where immediate police, fire, or medical assistance is needed. Examples of this are crimes in progress, crashes with injuries or life threatening situations. All other calls for services should be done by using the non-emergency number, 407-644-1313.

How do I get an officer to check my house while I am on vacation?

As a service to our residents, we offer house checks while a resident is away for an extended period of time. To request this service contact the Communications Division at 407-644-1313. They will will obtain the required information and then pass it on to the Patrol Division.

Where can I find a complete listing of the City’s Ordinances or State Statutes?

Both the City Ordinances and State Statutes can be researched and viewed online. You can find the Winter Park City Ordinances at municode.com and the Florida State Statutes can be at viewed at the Florida Senate Website.

How can I obtain a criminal history on a person?

The Winter Park Police Department does not provide criminal history checks. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), Division of Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS), is the central repository for criminal history information for the state of Florida. In addition to maintaining criminal history information, it is their responsibility to provide public access to this information when requested. Please access their website ›

How can I get my fingerprints taken?

Please visit our Fingerprinting Program for more information on how to get fingerprints taken at the Winter Park Police Department.

What are the Police Department’s hours?

The Police Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the lobby of the department is only staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday (excluding local government holidays). If assistance is required other than these times, there are call boxes located at the entrances to the station.

Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?

Because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the Police Department does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith, tow company or Pop-A-Lock® is your best alternative. If a child is locked inside the vehicle, the police and fire departments will respond to remove the child from the vehicle by whatever means necessary.

What can I do if I have lost my pet or found a pet?

The Winter Park Police Department unfortunately does not keep records for lost or found pets. However, there is a local website that does accept this information and helps reunite owners with their pets. The website is Winter Park Lost Pets and their address is winterparklostpets.com.

Is there a way to see if an item I lost in the city was turned in?

If you lost an item within the city limits, you can check our Found Property List to see if the item may have been turned in to our Property & Evidence Program.

How do I go about hiring an officer off-duty for a function?

All requests for off-duty employment are made through the Operations Division. You can reach them at 407-599-3313. Please try to allow sufficient time for the detail to be posted.

How do I get a copy of a police report or crash report?

Police reports can be obtained in person at the records section of the department, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Before release, reports must be approved by sworn supervisors. For information and assistance, please call 407-599-3367.

To better research a case and reduce waiting time, having a case number, victim/defendant’s name, approximate date of incident or specific address of incident would be helpful. Some report information may be exempt from public release, and some redactions will be made per Florida State Statute 119 or applicable statute.

To request a report by mail, include a stamped self-addressed envelope in your request, along with check or money order payable to City of Winter Park. Copying fees are $0.15 per page. Certified copies are provided at $1 per page. Send the request, envelope and payment to: Winter Park Police Department, Records Section, 500 N. Virginia Ave., Winter Park, FL 32789.

Motor vehicle crash information is confidential and exempt from Chapter 119.07(1) Florida Statutes and s.24(a), Art.. I of the State Constitution for a period of 60 days after the date of the crash report is filed. However, such reports may be made available to the parties involved in the crash, their legal representatives, their licensed insurance agents. For a complete list refer to the Chapter 316.066(3c), F.S.S. To ensure that we are in accordance to Chapter 119, F.S.S., identification must be presented. After the 60 days, identification will not be required. There is a $10 fee for a copy of the crash report. You may also request a crash report through the Florida Crash Portal website.

How can I go on a Ride Along with an officer?

If you would like to see about conducting a ride along with one of our officers, please contact Officer Chris Belfore at 407-599-3507 or cbelcore@cityofwinterpark.org for information. Riders must be city residents, are subject to a background check and the Department has the right to refuse any request.

What can I do about speeders in my neighborhood?

If you feel that you are having a problem in your neighborhood with speeding vehicles, you can contact the Special Operations Division at 407-599-3313 or fill out an online selective enforcement request.

What do I do if I am involved in traffic crash?

If you are involved in a traffic crash you should first stop and check if there are any injuries and then remain at the scene. If possible you should then move the vehicles off the roadway to allow traffic to flow; there is NO law in Florida that prohibits you from moving your vehicle out of the roadway after a crash. If the crash involves injury, a drunk driver, a hit and run with suspect information, or if your vehicle is disabled requiring a tow, you need to notify the police immediately. If you are involved in a crash with total damage to any vehicle or other property in an apparent amount of at least $500, there are no injuries, and vehicles are drivable, you are still required to notify the appropriate law enforcement agency. If the total damage is less than $500, it is not necessary to report the accident, however, you should exchange driver information among the parties involved in the accident. This information should include; your driver’s license, current vehicle registration and current proof of insurance.

Our Vision

Winter Park is the city of arts and culture, cherishing its traditional scale and charm while building a healthy and sustainable future for all generations.