- This event has passed.
City surplus items for sale
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 | 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM | 407-599-3315
If you are a business or organization that is looking to purchase used- to heavily-used items, stop by to see what surplus the city has to offer.
WHAT TYPES OF SURPLUS ITEMS CAN I BUY?*
The categories of items include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ballroom partitions
- Electronics (sound components)
- Kitchen equipment
- Lighting fixtures
- Tables & chairs
- Window accessories
*Items will be organized in “lots” and the entire “lot” must be purchased – no items will be sold individually.
HOW TO PURCHASE:
- Submit a bid form by 5 p.m., Tuesday, December 11. Bid forms will be provided at the sale and sealed once submitted.
- Bids will be opened Wednesday, December 12, at 9 a.m. in the Chapman Room located on the second floor of City Hall (401 S. Park Ave., Winter Park, FL, 32789).
HOW TO PAY:
- If your bid is awarded, you will be notified by noon on Wednesday, December 12, and you must pay at the Cashiers located on the first floor of City Hall before you can pick up your items on Friday, December 14.
- Payments can be made beginning Wednesday, December 12, thru Friday, December 14, prior to item pick up during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Only cash, MC®, VISA® and Discover® will be accepted – no checks.
- Keep your receipt.
HOW TO PICK UP:
- Items MUST be picked up from the civic center on Friday, December 14, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. – no exceptions.
- You must bring your payment receipt issued by the City Hall cashier. Those who cannot show proof of payment will not be permitted to pick up their items – no exceptions.
- Prior to picking up your items, you will be required to sign a waiver releasing the city from any and all liability resulting from the pick-up, and un-installation where required, of the awarded items.
Submit an event here ›
Please note: events must be within city limits, co-sponsored by the city, or in support of city entities to qualify for posting on the city website.
Submit a poster here ›
Please note: posters must be 1080 × 1920 pixels (width × height), no color restriction, JPG or PNG file format and not to exceed 5MB. Events must also be within city limits, co-sponsored by the city, or in support of city entities to qualify for posting on the digital screens.
Apply for an event permit here ›
Please note: if you would like to hold an event in Winter Park on private property (commercial and/or residential) or within city-owned park an event permit must be submitted.