The City of Winter Park has developed over the years with a unique character and environment. The Planning Department ensures that the excellent quality of life in Winter Park as reflected in the built and natural environment and its heritage is maintained and enhanced by providing vision, fostering good design and guidance over development
- Winter Park Comprehensive Plan Analysis (WRT Study)
- WRT Study: Issues and Recommendations
- Comprehensive Plan
Planning & Community Development Administration is responsible for developing and presenting public policy alternatives to the City Manager and City Commission regarding growth management, development, quality of life and related intergovernmental coordination. They also coordinate the Comprehensive Plan amendments and directs special area studies. The Administration serves as a liaison to regional planning and community affairs committees, and researches and prepares reports on emerging issues. They direct the daily work and special projects of the department sections and also coordinates related activities with other departments so that a unified direction is maintained for the city.
- Villa Tuscany Holdings, LLC’s Prehearing Order
- Villa Tuscany Holdings, LLC – City’s response to Request for Relief
- Villa Tuscany Holdings, LLC’s Request for Relief
- 2008 Orange County Design Excellence Award of Excellence Winter Park Citizen Planning Classes
- 2007 American Planning Association National Planning Excellence Award, Innovation in Neighborhood Planning in Honor of Jane Jacobs
- American Planning Association Florida Award of Merit for the Winter Park Citizen Planning Classes
- Florida Redevelopment Association 1999 Roy F. Kenzie Redevelopment Award Capital Projects/Physical Improvements/Beautification Category Park Avenue Master Plan
Winter Park is a city known for its rich cultural resources. The Public Art section is the liaison to the City of Winter Park Public Art Advisory Board. This section maintains the City’s art collection, implements the Art in Chambers exhibitions and facilitates the reoccurring Art on the Green exhibition of outdoor artwork. The Public Art Advisory Board is committed to presenting, collecting and preserving notable works of art and implementing educational opportunities concerning art in public places. Their vision is to sustain a cultural atmosphere that is renowned for civic and community support of art in public places that enhances positive identity and connection to Winter Park.