Winter Park Families
GREAT NEWS! The city’s Parks & Recreation Department WILL be conducting the Winter Park Summer Fun Camp this year for city residents, and we can’t wait to see our amazing kids again! Summer camp will run Monday, June 8, through Friday, August 7, from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In response to COVID-19, we have made several procedural changes to ensure the health and safety of your children. One of the most impactful changes is ensuring a smaller camper-to-counselor ratio, which results in a limited number of children and space available. As a result, there are currently only 30 spots remaining each week.
To ensure a fair process, we will be using a lottery system to ensure all families have an equal opportunity to secure a camp reservation for your child/children. If you would like to have your child participate in our summer camp program, you will need to enter the lottery.
- Email Family Fun Coordinator Kelsi Baker, at firstname.lastname@example.org a fully completed registration form with all weeks that you would like to be entered in the lottery initialed on the back.
- The deadline to submit your registration form is Tuesday, June 2, by noon.
- You must be a City of Winter Park resident with proof of residency.
- Upon receipt of your completed registration form, you will be sent a confirmation email and your application will be assigned a lottery number that will be entered into a random selection program.
- Each week, the department will use an app that randomly selects the numbers determining which families will be selected to attend Summer Fun Camp.
- If selected for any of the nine weeks, you will be contacted via email Wednesday, June 3, with the additional information you will need and which weeks you were selected to attend.
We are so excited for summer camp to begin and sure that parents or guardians that had to facilitate distance learning for more than two months, you and your campers are, too! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.