Event permits are required for any occasion or event including but not limited to exhibitions, celebrations, festivals, shows including firework displays and any event that is not a normal function of any location or zoning district.
If applicant does not meet city-designated deadlines required for approvals (alcohol, tents, pyrotechnics, cooking, food trucks, etc.) as outlined in event permit application, the city may deny or cancel the event permit.
Any event taking place on private property (commercial and/or residential) that requires special needs such as amplified music, pyrotechnics or any event requiring a road closure such as road races, parades and block parties.
Any event taking place within a city-owned park that does not require a road closure or alcohol request.
A separate Parks & Recreation Park Use Application is required for events taking place within the boundaries of a city park. The “Park Use Application” can be found on the Parks & Recreation › Permits & Applications page.
Event Permitting Information
- The event is not approved until permit is issued to the applicant and required fees are paid. We recommend that you do not proceed with advertising your event until you have received your permit approval. Submittal of application is not a guarantee of event approval. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and application must be submitted no less than 60 days prior to the requested event.
- After the application has been submitted with all required information; allow 21 days for processing. If City Commission approval is required, processing may take 30 additional days.
- Events are reviewed monthly by staff at the event planning meetings held at 10 a.m. in the City Hall Chase Room. Applicants are welcome to attend the meetings to discuss their application submittal. Meeting attendance is only by reservation. To make a reservation please call 407-599-3463.
- Provide a general liability insurance certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 and naming the city as additional insured. In some cases, additional insurance may be required.
- The permit fee and street closure fee (if applicable) will be accepted upon application approval.
- Sec. 58:84(5): There shall be no more than two special event permits granted with reference to any single property of an applicant during a given calendar year, unless approved by the City Commission or City Manager.
|Street Closures (Up to 400 people)||$100||$100|
|Street Closures (401+ people)||$200||$200|
Hiring of off-duty police officers and EMT’s or security personnel may be required. (When hiring off-duty police officers there is a 2 police officer minimum at 3 hours each.) Arrangements must be made through the City of Winter Park Fire-Rescue and Police Departments.
• ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE •
- Event signage shall be limited to one temporary sign no larger than 32 square feet and one banner sign measuring two feet by 18 feet or less. Signage shall not be placed on the public street right-of-way or public property. Signage may not be displayed more than four days prior to the start of the event and must be removed at the end of the event.
- Payment of fees for additional city services may be required by the event.
- Use of the city’s official seal on any marketing, promotional or like materials without approval by the City of Winter Park is in violation of City Ordinance 2926-13 and the city seal’s copyright. Please direct all matters and inquiries related to using the city seal on event materials to the Communications Department at 407-599-3422 or email email@example.com.
- The outdoor release of balloons is prohibited by Florida law, in accordance with Florida Statute 379.233 and is punishable by a fine.
- Except New Year’s Eve, fireworks displays may be required to take place by 9:30 p.m. or earlier. Provide estimated length of time of displays in your application, if applicable. For fireworks displays, notification or consent will be required to all property owners affected by the event and within 1000 ft.
– Notification is not required for events on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day, and Independence Day.
APPLICANT MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE EVENT PERMIT TO CITY PERSONNEL AT ALL TIMES DURING THE EVENT.
- Event Notification Form
- Annual Events with Street Closures
- Building & Permitting Services Department
- Cooking, Warming or Serving Food Permit Application
- Tent & Events Under a Tent Permit Application
- State Alcoholic Beverage License: 1-800-375-6975
- Office of the Fire Marshal: 407-599-3608