Led by the Keep Winter Park Beautiful & Sustainable Advisory Board, the city’s first Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) is a collaborative effort involving the entire community. The plan was adopted by unanimous vote of the City Commission on February 9, 2015.
- Sustainability Action Plan Annual Report 2018
- Sustainability Action Plan Annual Report 2017
- Sustainability Action Plan Annual Report 2016
- Sustainability Action Plan Annual Report 2015
- Sustainability Action Plan Annual Report (Adopted 2015)
The purpose of the SAP is to create a roadmap depicting where the city is today and where it would like to be in the future, in regard to sustainability. It is divided into seven categories, long term objectives and short term actions for helping the city achieve these long term objectives. The objectives are intended to be quantifiable so that progress can be measured on an annual basis and reported to decision makers and stakeholders. A collaborative, integrated approach is necessary for working toward meeting the objectives outlined in the program. The plan is a living document intended to evolve over time as Winter Park experiences both progress and challenges.
By integrating elements of this plan, Winter Park will:
- Increase the quality of life while improving individual and community health.
- Become more energy independent.
- Protect and enhance air quality, water quality, and natural systems.
- Save money.
- Increase economic value.
It is the intention of this document to provide high level objectives that are conceptually approved by the City Commission and leadership. The actions listed under each category are put forth as possible avenues for achievement of the approved goals, and do not represent required or prescriptive measures.
A Winter Park Sustainability Development Plan will be presented to the Commission for formal approval on an annual basis.
This annual plan will include:
- Summary of previous year project/Action status
- Proposed project/Action list
- Projected project costs
- City staff and budget allocations
- Outside funding opportunities