Saturday, August 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Shady Park!
Check back for updates.
2019 Events & Vendors
- Live music all day long
- Beer & Wine Garden featuring local and organic selections
- Bicycle Rodeo & helmet fitting
- Recycling & composting Info
- Electric Car Show
- Green organizations & city sustainability-related Info booths
- Human Powered Snow Cones
- Kids zone featuring the Parks & Recreation Family Fun Program
– Art projects with Crealdé School of Art
– Make & takes with Hannibal Square Heritage Center & Mead Botanical Garden
– Tie-dying with Rollins College
– Books from the Book Bike with Winter Park Public Library
- Keep Winter Park Beautiful Green Schools Grant awards, presented by the Vice Mayor, and other special awards
- Live cooking demonstrations with Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida at 12:15 p.m. and story time with Winter Park Library at 2:15 p.m. in the Community Center
- Polasek Museum outdoor art demonstration from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
- Tree Giveaway for Winter Park residents
In celebration of Arbor Day, certified arborists from the city’s Urban Forestry Division will be on-site to answer questions and give away an assortment of one-gallon containerized trees for city residents to plant at home. Residents will be able to choose from bald cypress, red cedar, and dahoon holly.
- Yoga in the park: adult and kids yoga hosted by Full Circle Yoga
Adult Yoga – 12 to 1 p.m.
This is a 60-minute outdoor yoga session, open to all. While linking movement with breath, you’ll enjoy the breeze, feel the earth beneath your feet and look up at the blue sky. Bring a friend and come experience the benefits of a Full Circle Yoga workout and “work-in.” This class begins with light movement and works up to a moderate level of vigor, approachable for all levels. No worries if you are new to yoga, there is no experience necessary. Please bring a yoga mat!
Children’s Yoga – 1 to 1:20 p.m.
This is a 20-minute outdoor yoga class, open to kids 5-10 years old. First, they’ll have fun walking their down dogs to meet one another and connect with the earth. Then, onto yoga postures inspired by this special day, such as standing tall like a mountain, sun salutations, waterfall fall pose, butterfly pose, tree pose and sundial pose. Kids will build confidence while they work on balance, flexibility, strength and smiles in this fun format, offered by Full Circle Yoga. Please bring a yoga mat!
- Shoes4Kids will also be collecting used shoes. Bring your shoes to their booth to help us keep shoes out of the landfill and give them a second chance at making a difference in our community!
2019 Schedule at a Glance
|11:00 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.||Shady Park Main Stage||Welcome, Presentation of Green School Grants Awards & Gold & Silver KWPB Sponsors|
|11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Shady Park Main Stage||Live music from Mo’mo-Browne|
|12:00 p.m. – 01:00 p.m.||Shady Park Grassy Area||Full Circle Yoga for Adults|
|01:00 p.m. – 01:20 p.m.||Shady Park Grassy Area||Full Circle Yoga for Kids|
|12:00 p.m. – 01:30 p.m.||Shady Park Polasek Tent||Polasek Museum Painting Demonstration|
|12:15 p.m. – 01:00 p.m.||Community Center||Cooking demonstration from Second Harvest|
|01:30 p.m. – 03:00 p.m.||Shady Park Main Stage||Live music from Mo’mo Browne|
|02:15 p.m. – 02:35 p.m.||Community Center||Storytime with WP Library|
- Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens
- Crealdé School of Art
- Full Circle Yoga
- Hannibal Square Heritage Center
- Winter Park Public Library
Gold Community Partner
Silver Community Partner
Bronze Community Partner
Green Sustainer Community Partner