The Green Business Recognition Program acknowledges local businesses who have made substantial efforts in implementing environmentally sustainable practices in areas like energy & water conservation, green economy, waste reduction, and recycling. This voluntary program is free and provides businesses with an easy checklist to help determine their recognition level, as well as technical assistance and a new green peer network for our city.
There are three recognition levels – below are the requirements for each:
- Provide a Sustainability Statement outlining your business’ sustainability goals.
- Earn 30 points overall in four of six Sustainability Action Plan focus areas.
- Fulfill the requirements for Bronze recognition.
- Earn 60 points overall in five of six focus areas.
- Fulfill the requirements to achieve Silver recognition.
- Earn 90 points overall in six of six focus areas.
Sustainability Action Plan Focus Areas
- Buildings, Energy & Water
- Community Engagement & Green Economy
- Local Food & Agriculture
- Mobility & Urban Form
- Natural Resources & Systems
- Waste Diversion & Recycling