Special event permits are required for any occasion or event including but not limited to exhibitions, celebrations, festivals, shows including or not including fireworks displays and any event that is not a normal function of any location or zoning district.
- Sec. 58:84(5): There shall be no more than two special event permits granted with reference to any single property of an applicant during a given calendar year, unless approved by the City Commission or City Manager.
- Applications must be submitted to the Building & Permitting Services Department with all required documents listed in the application below.
- The application must be submitted NO LESS THAN SIXTY (60) days for event requiring a street closure prior to the scheduled event and NO LESS THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS for other events.
- Events are reviewed monthly by staff and the special event planning meetings are held at 10 a.m. in the City Hall Chase Room. Applicants are welcome to attend the meetings to discuss the application submittal. To see the schedule of public work sessions and deadlines for submittal click here.
- After the application has been submitted with all required information, allow 14 days prior to the event for processing and approval. If City Commission approval is required, processing may take thirty (30) ADDITIONAL days for approval and issuance of the permit.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Except New Year’s Eve, fireworks displays may be required to take place by 9:30 p.m. or earlier. Provide estimated length of time of displays in your application, if applicable.
- Notification or consent will be required to property owners affected by the event.
- For fireworks displays, notification or consent will also be required to property owners within 1000ft or more from fireworks displays. Notification is not required for events on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day, and Independence Day.
- Provide a general liability insurance certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 and naming the city as additional insured.
- The non-refundable application processing fee will be the only fee accepted upon application submittal.
- The permit fee and street closure fee (if applicable) will be accepted upon application approval.
- THE EVENT IS NOT APPROVED UNTIL PERMIT IS ISSUED TO THE APPLICANT AND REQUIRED FEES ARE PAID. We recommend that you do not proceed with advertising your event until you have received your permit approval. Submittal of application is not a guarantee of event approval.
|Street Closures (Up to 400 people)||$100||$100|
|Street Closures (401+ people)||$200||$200|
• ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE •
Other requirements or limitations
- Signage shall be limited to one temporary sign no larger than 32 square feet in area and one banner sign measuring two feet by 18 feet or less.
- Signage shall not be placed on the public street right-of-way or public property.
- Signage may not be displayed more than four days prior to the start of the event and must be removed at the end of the event.
- Hiring of off-duty police officers or security personnel may be required.
- Payment of fees for additional services may be required by the event.
- Use of the city’s official seal on any marketing, promotional or like materials without approval by the City of Winter Park is in violation of City Ordinance 2926-13 and the city seal’s copyright. Please direct all matters and inquiries related to using the city seal on event materials to the Communications Department at 407-599-3343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The outdoor release of balloons is prohibited by Florida law, in accordance with Florida Statute 379.233 and is punishable by a fine.
THE SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT MUST BE OBTAINED BY THE APPLICANT BEFORE THE EVENT MAY BE HELD. THE PERMIT SHALL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW BY CITY STAFF AT ALL TIMES DURING THE EVENT.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to working with you in coordinating your event.
Related documents for download
- Special Event Consent/Notification
- Monthly Special Event Planning Meetings & Deadlines Schedule
- Park Use Application