Also refer to the following:
- Demolition Inspections Checklist
- Demolition Permit Flow Chart
- Installing a Silt Fence
- Engineering Demolition Inspection Checklist
Demolition Inspections Checklist
Pre-demolition and Engineering Inspections (required prior to permitting)
- Permit application in process.
- Protection of adjacent properties provided.
- Silt fence provided for erosion control and stormwater drainage protection.
- Walkways, fences, protective coverings. (Certain commercial and multi-family projects).
- Other means of protection as needed (storm drain inlets, trees, etc.)
- Condition of adjacent sidewalks, streets and properties observed.
- Temporary sanitary facilities. (May be required for longer projects)
- Method and control of dust provided. (Fire hydrant or construction meter required) WP Addendum
- Asbestos removal method in compliance. (When applicable)
- All utilities properly disconnected and capped.
- Fire Protection Systems: Before disconnecting call the Winter Park Fire-Rescue Department 407-599-3260
Post demolition inspection
- Surface holes, wells, septic tanks, etc. filled.
- All demolition work complete.
- Site clear of demolition materials and debris.
- Lot graded to prevent erosion and retain water on lot.
- Clean up condition of, sidewalks, streets adjacent properties approved.
Call to request inspections
Installing a Silt Fence
Engineering Demolition Inspection Checklist
Job Address:____________________________________PERMIT # __________ Initial Inspection Date: _____________
Reinspection Date___________+ Fee ________
THE FOLLOWING METHODS ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. SHOULD THEY BECOME INEFFECTIVE, ALTERNATIVE MEASURES MUST BE IMPLEMENTED. THIS FORM IS TO BE COMPLETED BY PUBLIC WORKS INSPECTOR
|_______||_______||_______||1) EROSION AND STORMWATER CONTAINMENT; (TO REMAIN IN PLACE UPON COMPLETION)
a) Silt fence properly toed in & protection of adjacent properties. (Detail ‘A’) silt fence installation.
|_______||_______||_______||b) Hay bales at all inlets; silt fence with protection for onsite, and right-of-way areas immediately affected.|
|_______||_______||_______||c) Sediment basin at exits/entrance for control of debris for projects hauling materials in and out. (Basically commercial sites).
d) Lake Front Property/or Zone A (a floating turbidity screen) may be required.
|_______||_______||_______||2) DUST CONTROL REQUIRED CONTACT UTILITY BILLING FOR DEPOSITS (407-599-3220)|
|_______||_______||_______||a) Construction meter to be installed with stand pipe and hose bib (fees are required).|
|_______||_______||_______||b) Fire hydrant meter for larger projects to be in place and onsite prior to demolition (fees are required).|
|_______||_______||_______||3) SEWER CUT & CAPPED TO BE DONE BY CITY OF WINTER PARK UTILITIES (fees are required).|
|_______||_______||_______||4) WATER SERVICES – Cut and capped as required for non-used services. (Fire lines, irrigation, etc.) (fees are required).|
|_______||_______||_______||5) PARTIAL BUILDING DEMOLITION –Contractor to comply with above items and plug any sewer line or water service that is in the demolition area.|
|_______||_______||_______||6) VIDEO IS SCHEDULED WHEN ABOVE ITEMS ARE COMPLETED AND DEMOLITION APPLICATION IS READY FOR ENGINEERING SIGN-OFF.|
|_______||_______||_______||7) POST DEMOLITION INSPECTION –Demolition complete and silt fence left in place and be maintained to prevent runoff to adjacent properties. Contact Engineering Dept. (407-599-3304)|
See below for further guidelines. Public Works Inspector to note the date and time any items (Item #1 through Item #5 and Item #7) are unacceptable and return this form to the Engineering Department for a reinspection fee. COMMENTS:_______________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________
P.W. Inspector Signature:____________________________ Completion Date: ________________
- The Contractor is required to complete the Demolition Permit Application form along with satisfy items (#1 – #5) and item (#7) on the front side of this form.
- The Contractor is responsible to notify the City’s Engineering Department (407-599-3304) when the applicable items have been satisfied and ready for inspection by the Public Works Inspector.
- The Engineering Department (Permits/Licensing Technician) will explain to the Contractor that if all applicable items are not complete at the initial inspection time and date, a re-inspection fee is required before another inspection can be scheduled. Also, a company representative must be present at each inspection date and time.
- The Public Works Inspector will video the site and Right-of-Way (item #6) only if all applicable items (#1 – #5) are acceptable.
- The Public Works Inspector upon completing the video will take the checklist along with Demolition Permit Application form to the Engineering Department for signature and date of acceptance.
- The signed/dated Demolition Permit Application form will be given back to the Building Department in order to issue a Demolition Permit. The Engineering Checklist will remain with the Engineering Department until item (#7), Post Demolition inspection is signed off and completed.
- The Contractor will be required to notify the Engineering Department (407-599-3304) and Building Division (407-599-3350) upon completion of the Demolition in order to do a final site inspection which will include at least the following items:
A. Site is clear of materials and debris.
B. Lot graded to prevent erosion and retain water on lot.
C. Maintain drainage protection with silt fence to adjacent property.
D. Clean up and conditions of sidewalk, streets and adjacent properties.
E. Any remaining pools are properly fenced off and protected.